After graduating from The University of Melbourne, Stephen completed nine years of surgical training in Melbourne and the U.K. and one year of research in London.
He has worked at a number of hospitals across Melbourne and was the Head of Colorectal Surgery at Western Hospital from 2000 – 2009.
He has been the head of a General and Colorectal Surgery unit at Western Hospital, and now works as a General and Colorectal Surgeon at Mercy Private (now St. Vincent’s East Melbourne), Western, Epworth and Freemason’s Hospitals.
He is an Associate Professor of surgery at The University of Melbourne, Royal Melbourne Hospital and Western Hospital and has taught and examined medical students from The University of Melbourne since 1979. He is involved in research and has spent time volunteering in Indonesia with the Royal College of Surgeons Pacific Program.
- M.B.B.S. ( Melbourne), F.R.A.C.S. (Melbourne), F.R.C.S. (London)
- Grad.Cert.Health Service Management (Monash)
- Assoc. Professor Surgery (Melbourne University)
- Anal Abscess
- Anal Fissure
- Anal Fistula
- Colorectal Cancer
- Crohn’s Disease
- Diverticular Disease
- Pilonidal Sinus
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Laparoscopic & Conventional Surgery
- General Surgery for Minor Skin Lesions
- Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy